- All candidates for the examinations must be registered students of the Institute by the specified closing date.
- All applications to sit for the examinations must be made on the examination entry form.
- All examination entry forms must be received at the Secretariat, fully completed and accompanied by the appropriate fee, by the specified closing date. No late entries will be accepted.
- No alterations can be made to an examination entry after the closing date.
- If, after the closing date for entries, a candidate withdraws his application to sit or fails to present himself for the examination, no part of the fee will be returned to him. However, if a candidate is prevented by critical illness from attending the examination and submits a medical certificate accompanied with a satisfactory medical report, the Institute may, at its discretion, allow the candidate to enter the next following examination with a POSTPONEMENT FEE. Applications must reach the Institute by 20th November (following a November examination) or 20th June (following a June examination) together with the relevant documents for verifications. Candidates are reminded to enter the subject(s), which they were unable to sit, at the next examination session.
- Modules to be taken must be accommodated within the examination timetable.
- Examinees are required to comply with the instructions to candidates issued before each examination sitting.
- The Institute does not release student’s marks. In order to help candidates judge their own performance, the following information is now available :-
- A DISTINCTION is for those with marks of 75% and above.
- A MERIT is for those with marks between 65% and 74%.
- A PASS indicates that you have obtained at least half, 50%, of the available marks.
- Anything less than 50% means a FAILURE.
- FAIL A represents marks which fall between 46% and 49%.
- FAIL B represents marks between 40% and 45%.
- FAIL C represents marks which fall between 20% and 39%.
- FAIL D represents marks which fall between 0 and 19%.
- The decision of the Institute, based on the examiners' recommendations, is final and the Institute will not enter into correspondence with candidates about the examination results.
- The Institute reserves the right to alter any part of the examination scheme, including modules, syllabuses, question paper format, regulations and exemptions at any time. However, all such changes will be notified in advance to students.
You will usually be notified of your results approximately ten weeks from the conclusion of the examinations. The results show each module as a pass or fail with grades to indicate the extent of failure. To encourage you to excel at all levels in the examination scheme, two new pass grades were introduced, namely "Merit" and "Distinction". The decision of the Institute, based on the examiners' recommendations, is final and the Institute will not enter into any correspondence with candidates about their examination results.
The Institute at present awards a large number of prizes on the results of examinations. Provided that a sufficiently high level of performance has been achieved, the Institute will award prizes for the best candidates in each module at each examination series.